It’s #TurtleTuesday and we’re all aglow over it. So are these new Mutagen Ooze Glow TMNT ULTIMATES! from Super7!
Turtles. So. Many. TURTLES. Now we have cartoon Turtles, we’ve got comedian Turtles, we’ve got film Turtles, we’ve got online game Turtles, we’ve got vintage-inspired Turtles. Now we have SO MANY TURTLES. And I like it. Now we’ve got glow-in-the-dark Turtles. Final 12 months, Super7 solicited these site-exclusive set as redeco of their normal ULTIMATES! Turtles. Any such variation is fairly excellent for an unique launch – it appeals to the die laborious TMNT (and/or GITD) followers, however they’re most likely not thought-about as “important.”
So, whereas they’re most likely not important, they most actually are FUN. I bear in mind liking the colour schemes and glow impact sufficient when these have been solicited to go in for a set, however aesthetically talking, I didn’t notice I would really like these guys as a lot as I do. The colours are so vibrant, poppy, and downright “toyetic” with a glow impact that’s actually, actually sturdy and vibrant.
The inexperienced used for the glow plastic is simply vibrant and enjoyable, and I’m actually liking the person colours for the belts, it provides an additional kick that’s paying homage to the previous Storage Shell Turtles. The weapons comply with this scheme as effectively, so even when not in the dead of night displaying the first gimmick, these figures are vibrant and enjoyable, and actually – they don’t make for dangerous default Turtles in any respect.
So, listed here are the PROS for me:
- These are vibrant and colourful with a scheme that can immediately stand out.
- The glow impact is STRONG, and Super7 is absolutely good at GITD figures, these are instance.
- The articulation is tight – the hips are higher on these figures than the earlier TMNT U! figures, so that may be a large plus.
- The packaging (as normal) is dynamic. I really like the mutagen impact, and the TCRI ooze canister callouts are fairly excellent.
There are some quibbles and issues to look out for as effectively:
- The pins in a few of the joints (significantly the wrists and hips) are nonetheless too skinny for my liking. I anticipated this as these are repaints, however I hope for some updates to those quickly to make these figures really feel extra strong and durable.
- The equipment are the identical throughout all 4 figures. That isn’t an enormous factor, however a novel accent for every Turtle right here or there would have been enjoyable.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is best to warmth up nearly EVERYTHING earlier than making any head swaps, and even placing weapons in fingers. There have been some points with U! figures with this as of late, however as that is GITD plastic, it’s naturally much less pliable (glow works higher with larger durometer plastic), so be cautious. Additionally, don’t bend or transfer the nunchucks with out heating them, too. As soon as heated, every thing bends and swaps simply fantastic, and also you don’t must warmth them up simply to get the joints to maneuver.
On the finish of the day although, whereas these won’t be important, they’re plenty of enjoyable. If you’re accustomed to the TMNT U! figures, it’s best to know what to anticipate for lots of those, however as I discussed the colours and the glow are simply nice. Simply give them a bit of warmth earlier than you swap these heads!
*Because of Super7 for sending these alongside for a characteristic.